Its 2am and I’m up preparing for my family’s wash and deep condition day. With 3 girls including myself who have natural hair and my husband who is also natural with dreads, hair care can be alot of work. Especially if your on a budget and have to do self hair care.
2020 My goal is to find out each of my familys hair needs including mines and stick to a plan to achieve maximum hair growth.
I’m considering even keeping track of hair growth starting today🤔📏😁 (wish me luck)
So I got up at 2am just to prepare our hair mask.
Today I am making a Coconut oil, Olive oil Lavender, Celery Cage and Peppermint mask mix to rejuvenate the scalp!
Heres the Recipe:
Organic Coconut oil, Organic Olive oil. I will list down below other oils you can use according to your hair type.
For essential oils today I am using three.
- Celery Sage
I mix all ingredents together and warm up the final product for about 30 seconds in the microwave. I then part hair into sections and massage mask into scalp.
I leave on hair with a plastic cap (or if you dont have any plastic caps at the moment a plastic grocery bag will do to.) For 30 mins.
After 30 mins I wash hair then deep condition. I leave Conditioner in hair for 1 hour. Rinse then style as usual.
A list of Oils:
- Jojoba Oil – Good for moisturising. Seals in moisture in natural hair. Reduces scalp infections restores moisture, prevents frizziness and dry hair. Also a good oil to put on after conditioning. This oil is light and can restore Ph balance to hair.
- Coconut Oil – For extreme hair nourishment. Penetrates the scalp, stops any further damage to hair strands. You can leave this oil on overnight put a shower cap on and rinse in the morning. This oil can be used on all different hair types. Unrefined oil is packed with nutrients. I literally use this oil for everything including a body oil.
- Almond oil – A hair growing oil. This oil strengthens hair, treats split ends and breakage. Adds shine and silkiness this oil can be left in for 10 mins or overnight. This oil is light and smells nutty, it’s also rich in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, magnesium, this oil reduces scalp irritation and boost hair growth.
- Grapeseed Oil – Rich in vitamin E can prevent hair damage and hair loss. It is a great hair moisturizer as well as deep Conditioner.
- Castrol Oil – Used for growing strong hair. Get thicker and stronger hair with this oil also a very good moisturizer. Known to be affective on dry scalps adding moisture back into your scalp. Also good for undoing the damages that harsh chemicals like perms and hair dye and other hair products can cause hair. It also has antifungal and anti bacteria properties and is high in minerals such as vitamin E, antioxidants, proteins and fatty acids. This is just to name a few because there are so many more you can use according to what your hair needs like Olive Oil, Avocado Oil and more.
Now I know I promised you all a tutorial video but do to my beautiful daughter poping off her retainer on her teeth I had to take her into the dentist. So next time but I did do the deep Conditioning process and included some pictures enjoy😁
What are some of your hair mask or deep conditioning routines for your natural hair? Please share I’d love to hear 😍
Also if you have any questions let me know and I will try my best to answer them. Until next time✌🏾💜